- IN JAIL or PRISON: If you (or your loved one) are currently in jail, our jail coordinator will visit you usually within 48 hours of your arrest to see if you wish to have an attorney appointed to represent you. Your case will then be assigned to one of our trained attorneys.
- OUT ON BOND: If you (or your loved one) are currently out on bond with pending charges, please take the following items with you to the County Clerk of Court office in the county you were charged in.
- a copy of all of your warrants/tickets/citations, and
- Proof of your Income
- The person charged with the crime must appear personally at the Clerk of Court office.
- The Clerk’s office charges a processing fee of $40 to apply for a Public Defender if you qualify.
- The 10th Circuit Public Defender office is not appointed to cases in any municipalities in Oconee County at this time. You should appear at your court hearing and request that Court to appoint an attorney to represent you.